also, I’ve been absent from the blogosphere for a bit, due to transit, end-of-term winding-down, and other more personal reasons. in belated response to a meme over at progressivehistorians, here are 8 random facts about me. unlike nonpartisan, though, all 8 of these will be true 🙂
- I don’t care much for shopping.
- Around April to June every year, my face becomes infested with freckles.
- I have trouble stepping on pavement cracks.
- When I smile or laugh, the skin on the bridge of my nose crinkles up. I’m terrified and certain that my first wrinkles will emerge there. I’ve tried to change, to no avail.
- The first essay of mine that was ever published (International Herald Tribune) was translated into Israeli, and possibly several other languages. I was 15, which was far too young, because I can’t look at that essay anymore without cringing.
- I’m afraid that I won’t actually fulfil the potential so many people see in me.
- I’ve eaten bullfrog mucous (and like it).
- I am VERY SHORT ARGH
(I’ve actually done a meme like this before, only it was 5 things rather than 8. the blogosphere has become more demanding)
I tag… Gavin Robinson, Robin @ Snarkmarket, Tim Burke, anyone at Crooked Timber, Ralph E. Luker, Simon Brent, and…whoever else. If you’re reading this consider yourself tagged.